“DROPPING THE BALL”
JANUARY 7, 2018
All of us here today have at least one thing in common…….we survived 2017. And just like so many years before this past one, we have all made “New Year’s Resolutions”………just like over two thirds of Americans. Statistics tell us only about 20% of us ever actually complete them. Here is a list of possible “resolutions” or “fixes” you have heard about:
- EVEN THE BIBLE GIVES US LISTS
- THINGS A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST SHOULD DO.
- THINGS A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST SHOULD RESIST DOING.
- THINGS A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST SHOULD DISPLAY.
- CHRIST GIVES US A WORD PICTURE THAT IS SIMPLE YET POWERFUL
- “Whoever believes in me, as the scripture says, out of his heart will
FLOW rivers of living water. John 8:38
- Notice that it is only ONE WORD
- It’s DOABLE
- It’s EASY
- It’s POWERFUL
III. THE CHALLENGE FOR US FOR 2018 IS SIMPLY THIS: NO LISTS, NO RESOLUTIONS, JUST:
CHOOSE ONE WORD
- Prayerfully consider it……ask God to make it clear to you.
- Find and claim a scripture for it
- Begin each day reflecting on how God will use it in your life
- Post it where you can see it.
- Share with others where God used your “word” through you
- Consider a journal to remind you of ways God used your word.