MOTHER’S DAY 2017
Let’s face it!!! None of us would be here if it weren’t for our Mothers. So, today, as we move toward that one day we all need to stop doing all the things that interfere with our thought processes and “Honor” our mothers.
Here are some things all of us need to remember………some of them are things Mothers want their children to know about them, some are things Mothers have said to all of us, and some of them are quotes or sayings about Mothers, and things we have said.
THINGS MOTHERS WANT THEIR CHILDREN TO KNOW ABOUT THEM
- Moms are human….they make mistakes
- Mom loves you more than her own life.
- Mom cooks to show you she loves you….act accordingly.
- Mom only wants your good and happiness.
- Mom wants your love….and demands your respect.
- Mom says..”I brought you into this world and I can take you out !!”
- Mom is never happier than when all her children are under one roof.
- The person you choose to marry is loved because you love them and I love you.
- Moms have a sense of humor and she can take it…but be forewarned, she can also dish it
- Mom thinks with her heart.
THINGS MOTHERS HAVE SAID TO ALL OF US
- “If you are going to kill each other, do it outside….I just finished cleaning.
- “If you don’t straighten up I am going to slap you into next week.
- “Because I said so, that’s why.
- “Make sure you wear clean underwear in case you are in an accident.”
- “Keep crying and I will give you something to cry about.”
- “This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”
- “Stop acting like your Father.”
- “If you don’t stop crossing your eyes they are going to freeze that way.”
- “When you get to be my age you will understand.”
QUOTES TO MOTHER FROM HER CHILDREN
- “I got you a turtle for Mother’s Day. I hope you like it better than the snake I got you
- “I hope you like the flowers I got you for Mother’s Day. I picked them myself when Mr.
Smith wasn’t looking.”
- “Dear Mother, here are two aspirins. Have a Happy Mother’s Day.”
PRAYERS MOMS HAVE LAUGHED OVER
- “Dear God, did you mean for a giraffe to look like that, or was that an accident.”
- “Dear God, I went to this wedding and they KISSED right in church. Is that okay?”
- “Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother…but what I prayed for was a puppy.”
- “Dear God, I bet it’s hard to love the whole world. There are only four people in my
family and I can’t do it!!”
- “Dear God, I didn’t think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made
on Thursday……..that was cool!!”
Today, get that card, make that phone call (DO NOT JUST TEXT), take her out for dinner,
thank her for life, encourage her in her journey, pray with her, and once again tell her that you love her.
Excerpts from several sources…..and some from the writer